The Allen and Greenough is still under construction;
so some links may not work quite the way you would expect.
Tenses of the Finite Verb.
160. The Tenses of the Indicative have, in general,
the same meaning as the corresponding tenses in English: -
a. Of continued action,
- 1. PRESENT: scríbó, I write, I am writing,
I do write.
- 2. IMPERFECT: scríbébam, I wrote, I was
writing, I did write.
- 3. FUTURE: scríbam, I shall write.
b. Of completed action,
- 4. PERFECT: scrípsí, I have written, I
- 5. PLUPERFECT: scrípseram, I had written.
- 6. FUTURE PERFECT: scrípseró, I shall have