The Allen and Greenough is still under construction;
so some links may not work quite the way you would expect.
622. The following verses, combining different
rhythmical series, are found in Latin lyrical poetry: -
1. Greater Archilochian (Dactylic Tetrameter; Trochaic Tripody): -
|| - |- | - |- || - |- | - ||
- solvitur | acris hi|ems grá|ta vice
|| veris | et Fa|voní. - Hor. Od. i. 4.
NOTE: It is possible that the dactyls were cyclic; but the
change of measure seems more probable.
2. Verse consisting of Dactylic Trimeter catalectic (Dactylic Penthemim); Iambic Dimeter: -
|| - | - | - || > - - | > - - ||
- scribere | versicu|los || amore per|culsum
gravi. - Hor. Epod. 11. 2.